The new eco-ethical brand of advanced performance hair naturals
weDo/ Professional is a new eco-ethical brand, offering a range of vegan and cruelty-free products with up to 50% less ingredients than average* and with 100% recyclable packaging. Co-developed with the scientists of the Wella Professionals haircare labs, and in collaboration with hairdressers, each product has been designed with professional performance in mind.
The weDo/ Professional journey was started by a small group of passionate beauty insiders who had the unique chance to start a new brand from scratch. With the freedom to translate their convictions about environmental sustainability into a full-fledged offering that resonated with their peers, weDo/ Professional was born. The brand has now become the unofficial “eco lab” of Coty Professional Beauty, sharing knowledge and pushing for positive change across the entire company.
Of the new launch, Coty Professional Beauty Chief Marketing Officer, Laura Simpson, says, “With the launch of weDo/ Professional we are tapping into growing consumer desire for products that perform, while having less impact on the environment. Not only have we developed a consolidated range of products that push the boundaries on the industry’s natural and ethical standards, but we aim to be as transparent as possible on where we have room for improvement, and where we wish to do better.”
The weDo/ Professional lineup offers 14 products, including 4 multi-purpose hybrid products for hair and body:
- Light & Soft Shampoo**: a lightly moisturising low-foam shampoo for fine hair, 300ml
- Light & Soft Conditioner**: a lightly moisturising conditioner for fine hair, 250ml
- Light & Soft Mask**: a moisturising mask for fine hair, 150ml
- Moisture & Shine Shampoo*: a moisturising low-foam shampoo for normal or damaged hair, 300ml
- Moisture & Shine Conditioner*: a moisturising conditioner for normal or damaged hair, 250ml
- Moisture & Shine Mask*: a nourishing mask for normal or damaged hair, 150ml
- No Plastic Shampoo: a solid shampoo bar, 80g
- Moisturising Day Shift: a moisturising hair and hand cream (hybrid), 90ml
- Nourishing Night Shift: a nourishing overnight hair cream, 90ml
- Natural Oil: a hair & body oil elixir (hybrid), 100ml
- Detangle**: a detangling spray, 100ml
- Scalp Refresh**: a refreshing scalp tonic, 100ml
- Protect Balm: a hair ends and lips balm (hybrid), 25g
- Spread Happiness**: a scented hair and body mist (hybrid), 100ml
** Formulated with naturally activated Ecocert-certified ingredient: Fermented Bamboo Leaf Water
Formulated with naturally activated Ecocert-certified ingredient: Fermented Rooibos Leaf
Two new technologies were developed by the weDo/ Professional team, which are particularly efficient in conditioning hair. The first is a sulfate-free cleansing technology that makes shampoos particularly gentle, with a low level of natural origin surfactants, leaving the scalp at an optimal pH. The second, a silicone-free coating technology found in weDo/ Professional conditioners and masks, formulated with olive oil derivates that act as natural-origin conditioning agents, to naturally envelop the hair fiber.
Being an “eco-ethical” brand, weDo/ Professional looks at a set of environmental, animal, and human impact standards with an objective of being as good as possible, while simultaneously remaining honest and transparent about when certain goals are still beyond reach, but in development.
weDo/ Professional is proud to be 93 to 99.7% natural origin, vegan and cruelty free. More specifically the brand is:
- Certified as vegan by The Vegan Society
- Certified as cruelty-free by Cruelty Free International
- Dermatologically tested, formulated without sulfates, silicones, or artificial dyes
- All scented products have a special designed fragrance with an extremely low level of allergens
weDo/ Professional packaging follows the concept of the circular economy with recycled and recyclable material:
- All weDo packaging is designed to be 100% recyclable in industrial facilities
- Tubes are made with 50% post-consumer recycled plastic
- Bottles are made with 75% to 94% post-consumer recycled plastic.
- All jars available at retail are made with 53% to 56% post-consumer recycled plastic.
- Any outer packaging is made with 100% recycled cardboard, which is also FSC certified.
weDo/ Professional is on a mission to help people transition to a happier and more sustainable lifestyle, for a more beautiful self and a more beautiful planet. As of launch, the #TogetherWeDo campaign acts to invite and inspire individuals to join the movement by transforming good will into concrete actions that will effect positive change.
The brand has been lucky to meet like-minded personalities along its creative journey, both from the professional and sustainable worlds. Personalities and influencers that share a common vision and who are partnering with the brand in different ways include: Moa Murderess (@moamurderess), Natali Fikas (@allthecutethings), Chloe Tesla (@chloetesla), and Coty Professional Global Ambassador, Rossano Ferretti (@rossanoferrettiofficial).
Launching first in Sweden and across the Nordic region, weDo/ Professional will be available in top salons and retailers, as well as through wedoact.com, arriving to other European countries and the US in 2020. Follow the brand on Instagram at @wedo_act and #TogetherWeDo.